TEARS Foundation is a women led organization help is provided regardless of ethnicity, religion, culture or socio-economic background or location, TEARS Foundation provides assistance nationwide with a 24 hour free SMS service to anyone who has access to a cellphone.
The service identifies the closest centre to you and we link or connect victims to facilities that offer the following services:
- Individual counselling
- Group counselling/ couples ounselling
- Support groups
- Volunteer opportunities
- We link victims to emergency shelters
- Refer to medical facilities for medical attention (for rape victims) so they get access to:
- Antiretrovirals (ARVs) treatment to avoid the infection of Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV) because HIS is preventable
- The morning after pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy from the rape
- Antibiotics for possible Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Blood tests to test for date rape drugs in the blood system
- Internal medical examination to see the and treat the extend of the victims injuries
- Access to a medical facility that issues a J88 for court purposes
- We follow-up with the police on behalf of victims who have case numbers
- We give them advice on how to apply for a protection order
- We refer child victims to child friendly facilities
- We guide women and men on how to leave abusive relationships
Confidential services are provided to all victims at no charge. We refer male victims to Mashilo of Moshate Men’s Rights Organization Cell phone number: 082 397 7873, and email address: email@example.com.
A Brief Introduction
The meaning of the "TEAR"
“Our teardrop logo is a symbol for weeping at the violence and degradation suffered by rape and abuse victims; but, more importantly, it is a symbol of cleansing, healing and hope”