A Small Donation
makes a Big Difference
A TEARS Foundation® Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is the tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and the donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in TEARS Foundation®, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the TEARS® mission, of the way TEARS® intends to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on TEARS®’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its governing responsibilities.
- To have access to TEARS®’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing TEARS® will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of TEARS®, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that TEARS® may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by: TEARS®
Bank: FNB Benmore Gardens
Branch No: 250655
Name of Account: TEARS Foundation
Cheque Account Number: 62382302421
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ